Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Styling Idea: Scarf Under a Cardigan

Stick with me here but I found a terrific styling idea in a pretty unlikely place - the latest issue of "O". Here it is:



I love cardigans and am always on the lookout for new ways to wear them. I never would have thought of draping a scarf under a deep v-neck cardigan instead of wearing a cami or a tank. I'd be a little worried about how well the scarf would stay put as I moved around, put on and took off a coat, etc. but it's so interesting that I'm willing to give it a try. The belt looks like a useful anchor. Also, a scarf woven from textured thread would probably be a lot steadier than one in silk. I love how breezy and seemingly thrown-together a look this is, but at the same time, it's so flowing and elegant. Plus, it's an excuse to wear scarves more often.

I'm cracked up over the fact that the tip is from an article about how to conceal the skin on an aging neck! Though I'm a couple decades shy of having to worry about that, and though "O" isn't a magazine where one would expect to find fashion-forward tips, I'm certainly not above stealing this idea. Which just goes to support my larger belief that style inspiration can be found pretty much anywhere. Happy hunting!

Image from O, November '07.

No comments: