Friday, November 9, 2007

Watercolor Stripes



I'm not a stripey kind of girl. Stripes have too much of an athletic connotation for the way I like to dress when I'm not working out or playing a sport. I do, however, love this striped top, and for a very simple reason: I adore anything that looks like it was painted with watercolors. I crave the softness of the hues and the way they blur and blend. Usually, and this instance is no exception, the fluid drape of chiffon communicates the feel of that sort of paint best. The loose cut and light and silky fabric look wonderfully comfortable. I like the wide scoop neckline, too, to show a little skin. I'd probably wear this top to gussy up a pair of jeans (or short shorts come summer, the exercise gods and my thighs willing).

Image from InStyle, November 2007.

No comments: