Monday, July 9, 2007

Obi-Wrapped Blouse



This extravagant obi-wrapped blouse further fuels the fire of my obsession with silk scarves worn as belts. The top itself is gorgeous. Really pretty soft colors, delicate fabric and a graceful neckline and drape to the sleeves.

I'm more interested, though, in the waist-cinching sash. The extra-long belt is terrific, wrapped around and around so many times that it almost becomes the main piece of clothing instead of simply an accessory, transforming the blouse into an underpinning. It get me wondering how many tops in my wardrobe could be rejuvenated with a similar, extremely wide swath of opulent fabric. Rich, dramatic, and oh so figure flattering.

Top by Foley. Image from Lucky, August, '08.

2 comments:

Icy said...

The sash is beautiful. I love the obi look and so easy to pull of with a lovely length of fabric.

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I REALLY, REALLY want this top. But at $375, I'd rather put it towards debt..

So I went through my closet and am going to figure out if I can replicate something similar with pinstriped brown fabric.. :)