Monday, July 23, 2007

Update: Christian Louboutin Knotted Heels





The Christian Louboutin knotted heels I wrote about a while back keep popping up, in assorted colors and materials, in all the August magazines. I'm not sure which version I like best, since they're pretty fabulous in any incarnation.

If I were choosing in a void I'd probably go with the rose satin mules, even though they look like they'd be the most difficult to walk in. (Why is it that the most tempting shoes are somehow also always the least comfortable?) I like the black pumps, but I think they're maybe a little too tame for such a great style; the retro knot and ladylike shape deserves something splashier. And while I love the suede of the berry-colored ones, but I think a great pair of shiny grey pumps would best balance versatility and style.

Given how hard it would be to decide, it's a good thing that choosing between them is a hypothetical question: those pricey ladies defintely don't fit my fall fashion budget. I bet that we'll see some knock-offs from Nine West or a similar line in the near future, though.

First image from Lucky, August '07. Second image from InStyle, August '07 . Third image from Harper's Bazaar, August '07.

1 comment:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

So.. THAT'S why I've been seeing more knotted styles at the toe these days.. I was wondering why a whole plethora of them popped up.