Monday, June 11, 2007

Hourglass Tulips and Lace



This look is wonderfully feminine because of the outfit’s hourglass shape and the décolletage with its touch of innocent eyelet. It takes a lot of confidence about one’s hips to wear a paper bag skirt, but I think this works perfectly because of the very wide neckline on the blouse, which balances it out, and because snug fit through the torso. The slight texture of the blouse is another enticing detail but I wish the skirt was a polished, straightforward cotton, instead of the denim. I’m not a fan of the necklace, which seems too cheap, young and casual. I think I’d let the cleavage speak for itself and go with delicate filigree gold earrings instead, to draw the eye up. The finishing touch might be peep-toe or pointy-toed d’Orsay pumps.

Image from Lucky, June ‘07

No comments: